1. How to install Wifi if I have barebone computer only?
Pls click and go to step by step picture guide after this answer, it is suitable for hystou mini pc 1037u, i3-3217u, i5 3317U and so on, exactly pls check your barebone computer.
2. How to add RAM and Storage to barebone computer?
Hystou mini pc 1037U, intel core i3-3217U, i5-3317U and i7 support 2 storage together, all of them similar and can share the guide here: http://support.hystou.com/2014/04/02/how-to-install-two-storage-on-hystou-c1037u-mini-computer/
And before purchase RAM for our mini computers, make sure you know clearly the RAM style the mini pc required, you can learn more here: http://support.hystou.com/2014/09/22/ddr3-ddr3l-and-lpddr3/
3.How to disable external USB port if I don't want my office work to use extra USB on the mini computers?
Pls click and go to step by step picture guide here: http://support.hystou.com/2014/08/06/how-to-disable-external-usb-port-for-your-computers/
4. How to disable external USB port if I don't want my office work to use extra USB on the mini computers?
5. How much power consumption this mini computers cost?
6. Will it be very hot since the mini computer CPU has no fan?
7. What OS can I use on the Mini PC?
Hystou mini pc support all kind main operating systems, most buyers using Windows and Linux.
8. Is the mini pc enough to run XBMC in living room and connect to big size TV?
11. Why my Mini PC (XBMC) has no Sound when connect to TV by HDMI cable?
When first time connect the mini pc (XBMC with Openelec pre-installed) to TV by HDMI, you should select the correct HDMI devince if it didn’t have any sound. Here is picture guide how to set it: http://support.hystou.com/2014/09/05/why-my-mini-pcxbmc-has-no-sound-when-connect-to-tv-by-hdmi-cable/
12. After set the Mini PC to "Stand by" mode, I cannot wake it up directly by touch keyboard or mouse, no matter long press the power switch or short press the power switch, the mini pc will restart directly instead of wake up, how to solve it?
To wake up the computer directly via mouse or keyboard, you should not close your hard disk when the computer goes to "stand by" mode, go to power options and set the hard disk never turn off will be ok, here is detailed guide with pictures: http://support.hystou.com/2014/10/07/how-to-wake-up-mini-computer-via-mouse-directly/
13. When first time use the mini pc, there is totally no signal from VGA or HDMI, even I try different monitors still same, is the mini pc broken?
Every mini pc was tested OK before shipment, when facing this problem, pls firstly check if the indicator turns on or not, if the indicator turns on, problem mostly comes from memory, pls make sure the memory you use is the same kind as per our mini pc requirement, and also make sure it plugged in correctly; if the indicator didn't turn on, pls change another 12V power adapter, mostly it is the power adapter get problem. And sometimes the problem comes due to CMOS battery problem, the CMOS battery remember some error information and make the computer no display, you can remove and try it again, details check this link: http://support.hystou.com/2014/10/14/cmos-battery-cr2032/
14. Why my internet get not stable when I plug the USB flash or external USB DVD to the USB 2.0 Port on the mini pc, but internet stable when plug the same usb products to the USB 3.0 port in the same mini pc, what happen?
This problem most due to USB power supply different, USB 2.0 port can supply max 500ma but usb 3.0 can supply up to 900ma, so if your usb products require more than 500ma and less than 900ma, it will not stable on the USB 2.0 port but stable on the USB 3.0 port. And USB problem on the motherboard will hurt the Lan chip power supply, that's why the internet get not stable if you plug usb products to USB 2.0. More difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 pls check this link: http://support.hystou.com/2014/10/14/usb_2-0_vs_usb_3-0/
15. How to install Windows 7/ 8 / Linux or other operating system to the mini computer?
Our mini computer has no DVD ROM, if you have external USB DVD ROM, you can just connect the external USB DVD ROM to the mini computer, and install OS from the DVD ROM directly; if you don't have external DVD ROM, you can use USB booting, here is some information about how to make USB booting: http://support.hystou.com/2014/11/10/free-iso-to-usb-burners/ http://support.hystou.com/2014/11/10/how-to-make-a-usb-bootable/
16. Why there is no wifi connection in the OpenELEC system of the mini pc?
Please go to check step by step guide with pictures of how to set wifi in OpenELEC: http://support.hystou.com/2014/10/12/wifi-set-up-for-openelec-xbmc-on-hystou-mini-pc/
17. Why My Hystou Mini PC with Windows 7 keeps asking me to log on as administrator and wanting my admin passwor everytime I attempt to open Mozilla Firefox?
This issue not comes from Hystou mini pc hardware, tonnes of people having this problem. Here is a solution we collected from internet:
Firstly, Save installation file on your harddisk
Secondly, Right click on mouse
More information will be collected and update here any time.